Entrepreneurs and business owners want one thing—and that is to succeed. They have strong mindsets for running a business and have many goals to keep in mind as they operate. Although some of them may have a knack for numbers, others prefer focusing on other aspects of the business rather than spend too much time on accounting.
Here are some simple steps that you as a business owner can use to keep your finances in check, even if you don’t have an accounting degree.
Manage Small Business Finances in 5 Comprehensive StepsWood, Meredith “The Ultimate Guide to Managing Small Business Finances.” 30 January 2020
1. Choose a business bank account and separate your personal and business finances.
2. Organize your business finances by using accounting software and hiring a professional.
3. Understand and fulfill your business tax responsibilities.
4. Get a handle on your personal and business credit scores.
5. Understand your business loan options and work to qualify for the financing you’ll need in the future.
Silicon Harbor Business Services is based in Mount Pleasant, SC. We provide solid, practical advice to small business owners and select individuals.
We work with Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Enterprise. For Quickbooks Online, we work with clients in Mount Pleasant, Charleston, Philadelphia, and across the US. For Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Enterprise, we only work locally in the Charleston, SC area.